T's & C'sDental CE the way it's meant to be
Terms and ConditionsDental CE the way it's meant to be
(1) All events advertised on this website are being organised by the Queensland Dental GroupTM Pty Ltd ACN 139051362, ABN 32139051362.
(2) The Queensland Dental GroupTM and its representatives, hereinafter referred to as the “organiser”, guarantee these events are compliant with current Dental Board of Australia guidelines on continuing professional development. Participants may use these events towards meeting the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements as set by the Dental Board of Australia.
(3) Each event has received CPD verification from the New Zealand Dental Association (NZDA). NZDA verifies, that based on the information provided to NZDA, these activities meet the Dental Council policy requirements for CPD. NZDA CPD verification does not imply promotion or endorsement of the contents of any course.
(4) Participants need to use professional judgement to assess the validity and usefulness of techniques, materials or therapeutic products to their own practice.
(5) Participants will receive a certificate indicating the number of CPD hours attained. For eligible participants registering for and attending the ‘Dental Update 2024’ event a maximum of 15 Hours of scientific CPD credit is attainable by attending both days of the event. For eligible participants registering for and attending the ‘Restorative Excellence 2024’ event a maximum of 16 Hours of scientific CPD credit is attainable by attending both days of the event and a maximum of 8 hours is attainable by attending a single day of the event. For eligible participants registering for and attending the ‘Paedodontics Update 2024’ event a maximum of 8 Hours of scientific CPD credit is attainable.
(6) A discounted Early Bird registration option is available for participants registering for the events. To receive a discounted early bird registration for ‘Dental Update 2024’ the completed registration form needs to be received and paid for in full by 31 May 2024. To receive a discounted early bird registration for ‘Restorative Excellence 2024’ the completed registration form needs to be received and paid for in full by 15 April 2024. To receive a discounted early bird registration for ‘Paedodontics Update 2024’ the completed registration form needs to be received and paid for in full by 23 April 2024.
(7) All participants registering for and/or attending an event agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
(8) Some of the hotels, at which these events are being held, may offer registered participants accommodation at conference rates subject to room availability. Participants opting to stay at the hotel should check with and book their accommodation directly with the hotel. Participants are responsible for any accommodation, travel or any other costs incurred.
(9) All fees and monies referred to on the website and in printed and digital advertising material are in Australian Dollars ($AUD). Registration payments are only accepted in Australian Dollars ($AUD).
(10) The organiser reserves the right to make any additions, omissions and alterations from time to time and will not be liable for the accuracy of the website content, digital content or the content of advertising material for the events.
(11) Registration for these events includes morning tea, lunch & afternoon tea.
(12) Any participant with one or more special dietary requirements should indicate these in the allocated section on the registration form at the time of registration, so that the venue may be pre-advised of the participant’s dietary requirements. Whilst the event venue will try to accommodate these needs wherever feasible, special dietary requests cannot be guaranteed. Participants with any known food allergies are recommended to take their own precautions and discuss their dietary restrictions directly with the hotel venue’s banquet team in advance of the event.
(13) No sponsorship has been sought for these events to allow all presenters to provide their own unbiased views, opinions and preferences.
(14) The organiser and its organising committee do not accept any responsibility or liability regarding the content and material presented at any of the events. Each presenter is free to present their own material to best address presentation topics as they see appropriate.
(15) Each participant is solely responsible for the use of any information provided during these events. Each participant should use professional judgement to assess the validity and usefulness of techniques, materials or therapeutic products to their own practice.
(16) If a presenter is unable to present due to ill health or any other reason, the organiser reserves the right to arrange another advertised presenter at the event or a new presenter to present the topic or to present a different topic in the allocated session or sessions on behalf of the presenter who is unable to do so. The organiser reserves the right, if a presenter is unable to present their event session in person, for the presenter to present their session virtually or through pre-recorded means.
(17) Registration for an event does not include insurance of any kind and it is strongly recommended that participants arrange their own travel and other insurances.
(18) The organiser, their representatives, employees, agents and the presenters do not accept any responsibility or liability for any damage to or loss of a participant’s personal property at any of the event venues.
(19) The participant will indemnify and keep indemnified and hold harmless the organiser, their employees, their representatives, agents, contractors and the presenters against all actions, damages and expenses whatsoever which may be brought or made or claimed against them or any of them arising as a result of the staging of the event.
(20) Any registered participant who is unable to attend may cancel their registration and must do so in writing via email or mail. For any registered participant whose cancellation request is received in writing at least ten (10) business days prior to an event for which the participant is registered for, any registration fees paid by the participant will be kept in credit for the participant and may be applied towards the attendance of another Queensland Dental Group event within 18 months time from the date of registration cancellation. Any registered participant who cancels their registration within ten (10) business days prior to an event for which the participant is registered for or fails to attend, will not receive any registration credit and will not receive a refund of the registration fee. The organiser will have no further responsibilities nor be liable for any loss of income or cancellation fees of travel arrangements or accommodation or other monies expended by the participant.
(21) For the purposes of these terms and conditions, Force Majeure shall mean a cause or event that is not reasonably foreseeable or otherwise caused by or under the control of the organisers, including acts of God, fires, floods, explosions, riots, wars, natural disasters, terrorism, accident, restraint of government, governmental acts, injunctions, labour strikes, transport strikes or other like events that are beyond the reasonable anticipation and control of the organisers that may result in cancellation of an event. The organiser reserves the right to cancel an event at any time. Other than a full refund of the registration fee paid by the participant, in the case of cancellation of an event due to an occurrence of a Force Majeure that results in cancellation of an event, the organiser will have no further responsibilities nor be liable for any loss of income or cancellation fees related to travel arrangements of the participant, accommodation expenses, monies expended by participants, injury to the participant or damage to or loss of the participant’s personal belongings.
(22) Any participant who fails to attend an event they have registered for is not entitled to receive any registration credit or refund of the registration fees paid, travel fees incurred, accommodation fees incurred, loss of income or any other fees incurred.
(23) All participants are required to follow the event venue’s code of conduct at which the event is being held. Participants must behave appropriately, in a safe manner and with discretion at all times, respectful of other guests at the venue, venue staff and the venue environment as well as other participants at the event, the event presenters and the event organisers. A participant failing to comply may at the discretion of the venue or the organisers may be excluded from the event and the venue and the participant will not be entitled to receive any refund of the registration fees paid, incurred travel fees, accommodation fees, loss of income or any other fees incurred.
(24) No photography, video recording or any other form of audio-visual recording is permitted during the events without prior written permission from the organisers.
(25) A link from the event website does not mean that the organiser endorses a particular site.
(26) The copyright in all materials provided on this website are solely the property of the Queensland Dental Group. None of the materials may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the Queensland Dental Group. Permission is granted to visitors of this website to download one copy of the materials on this website on a single computer or device for personal use only, provided that materials are not modified and that all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials are retained.
(27) Dental Update, Keeping you at the Forefront of Dentistry, is a registered Trademark of the Queensland Dental Group.
(28) Each presenter is responsible for their own presentation topics and information provided therefrom and views expressed during their presentations and all content in the presentation summaries provided on the USB data storage media for participants.
(29) At venues where data storage media are provided to participants with summary slides of the presentations, as provided by the presenters, these are intended for the further information of attending participants. These summary files or parts thereof may not be reproduced, distributed or published online or in any other formats. The presenters are solely responsible for the content of these files as included on the data storage media for participants.
(30) The organisers reserve the right to change the venue of an event and will advise all registered delegates via email, SMS or phone. In the event of a venue change the organisers will also make such information available on the event website.
(31) The information and files provided on data storage media are provided in good faith and the organisers accept no responsibility for any damage to a participant’s computer hardware, mobile device, software or data or any consequential loss that may arise through use of these data storage media and files contained therein.