Dental Update 2022 showcases a range of updates from leaders in the field and follows in a long tradition of exceptional events. Restorative Dentistry, Oral Medicine, Oral Surgery and Endodontics are just a sample of the diversity of important updates that will be provided at DU2022. The two day event sees six leading experts, including Dr Anthony Mak, Professor Chris Peck and Professor Ian Meyers combine to present this outstanding event in the fine surroundings of the Brisbane Hilton Hotel 26-27 August. Comprehensive event information is available throughout the event website and we look forward to welcoming you to this outstanding event.
SCOPE OF THE FORUM
Dental Update 2022 offers an exceptional scope of updates across various disciplines relevant to day to day clinical practice. Day 1 of the event will see Dr Anthony Mak, Dr Glen Weston and Professor Richard Logan showcasing advances in Restorative Dentistry, Endodontics, Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology. Day 2 of the event includes presentations by Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Dr Barbara Woodhouse, Professor Chris Peck and Professor Ian Meyers OAM. Leading Experts in Fine Surroundings combine to each address aspects from their fields of expertise, to consider the outlook for clinical dentistry in 2022 and beyond to keep you at the forefront of dentistry.
Over the past many years, Queensland Dental Group events have been opened by State Ministers and Members of Parliament on fifteen occasions and have seen delegates from across Australia, New Zealand and beyond engage in exceptional CPD. In approaching the 50th event Milestone in 2022, the Queensland Dental Group’s underlying philosophies remain strong, namely to seek leading experts from a range of disciplines to join us in fine surroundings and importantly without any sponsors. These philosophies make QDG events a unique experience within the Australasia region. We remain focused in offering our speakers a level playing field. Dental CE the way it’s meant to be.
Join Us for Dental Update 2022!
Leading Experts │ Fine Surroundings │ No Sponsors │ CPD at its Best
An Exceptional Event AwaitsDental Update 2022
FRI & SAT 26-27 Aug
Dental Update 2022 sees six leading experts combine to present this outstanding event.
A diversity of topics will be covered across the two day event and provide practitioners essential updates on techniques, materials and patient management approaches. Restorative Dentistry, Oral Pathology, Oral Medicine, Endodontics and updates on TMD and Pain management are snapshots of the extensive range of topics that will be covered at the event.
Dental Update 2022 is a limited attendance event and will be held in the fine surroundings of the Brisbane Hilton Hotel. Reserve your spot for this essential update.
Leading ExpertsDental CE the way it's meant to be
Session presented by: DR ANTHONY MAK
• Diagnosis & current consensus on treatment
• Indirect restorative options – Bonded Onlay or Full Coverage Crown?
• Zirconia vs Lithium Disilicate
• When should I bond and when should I cement
• What are the options with direct composites
Session presented by: DR GLEN WESTON
• One visit vs. multi visit approaches
• A collection of techniques to help in managing challenging cases
• Isolation, access cavity prep design and conservation of tooth structure
• Location of and approaches to negotiating calcified canals
• Files – rotary, reciprocal or hand?
• Microscopes – useful or just expensive?
Session presented by: PROF RICHARD LOGAN
• Aetiology and presentation of common mucosal oral pathology
• When to be concerned, what to do next?
• Links between systemic disease and oral pathology
• Limitations of diagnostic tests
• Management of common mucosal pathology
Session presented by: PROF CHRIS PECK
• Classification scheme for orofacial pain and disorders
• The history and examination of the pain patient
• Risk factors for the transition from acute to chronic pain
• Immediate management of the pain patient
• The dental practitioner’s role in chronic pain management
Session presented by: DR BARBARA WOODHOUSE
• Malignant features vs benign
• When to incise, when to excise and how to close the defect
• How to take a truly representative biopsy
• Getting the most out of your pathologist
• An Oral Medicine quiz to complete the session
Session presented by: PROF IAN MEYERS OAM
• Getting the basics right, managing the diseases of the dentition
• Restoring form, function and aesthetics – using the right approach for the right patient
• Digital vs Digital – does computer assisted dentistry mean less fancy fingers dentistry?
• Therapeutic, Biomimetic and Bioactive materials – are we there yet?
• Restoration longevity – patient and practitioner expectations and how to meet them
Session presented by: PROF IAN MEYERS OAM
• The Silver Screen – Assessing and understanding the ageing patient
• What Matters Most – Developing appropriate oral health care plans
• Root Surface Caries – Managing the emerging menace?
• The Hopeless Tooth – To keep or not to keep, that is the question?
• Healthy Teeth for Longer Life – Durable dentitions & diminished disease
Number of participants is limited!
Don't miss your spot at Dental Update 2022
Event VenueHilton Hotel │ Brisbane
The Brisbane Hilton Hotel190 Elizabeth St │ Brisbane
The Brisbane Hilton Hotel is a Five Star Hotel centrally located in the Brisbane CBD. Located in the heart of the city within the vibrant Queen Street Mall and central business district, the Hilton Hotel is walking distance to attractions including South Bank parklands and the Brisbane Cultural Centre. The Brisbane Hilton Hotel features 319 guest rooms and suites and is a 30 minute drive from the airport or a short walk from Central Station. Further information is available on the Brisbane Hilton Hotel website. Alternatively a variety of accommodation options are available within the CBD including various other hotels and apartments.
Event Info And Registration BrochureAttendance is Limited | Secure your place at Dental Update 2022 today
TO REGISTER FOR DENTAL UPDATE 2022
1. DOWNLOAD FORM
2. RETURN COMPLETED FORM
VIA SCAN/EMAIL OR MAIL
3. OR CALL US ON 07 3832 5000 TO
REGISTER OVER THE PHONE