Dental Update 2021 reaches the pinnacle of Dental CPD and marks the Queensland Dental Group’s 50th event. DU2021 follows in a long tradition of exceptional updates that have seen topics relevant to dental practitioners covered in detail by leaders from across the oral health field. Restorative Dentistry, Prosthodontics, Oral Medicine and Pathology and Oral Surgery are just a snapshot of the diversity of important updates that will be provided at DU2021 by an exceptional range experts. The two day event sees six leading experts, including Dr Anthony Mak, Professor Chris Peck and Professor Ian Meyers OAM present this outstanding event in the fine surroundings of the Brisbane Hilton Hotel 20-21 August. We look forward to welcoming you to DU2021.
SCOPE OF THE FORUM
Dental Update 2021 offers an exceptional scope of updates across six disciplines relevant to day to day clinical practice. Day 1 of the event will see Dr Anthony Mak present the opening sessions at the event, showcasing advances in Restorative Dentistry. The Dean of the University of Adelaide School of Dentistry, Professor Richard Logan, is due to present updates in Oral Pathology. Day 2 of the event includes presentations by Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Dr Barbara Woodhouse, Professor Chris Peck, Professor Ian Meyers OAM and Dr Keith Doonan. Leading Experts in Fine Surroundings for to consider the outlook for clinical dentistry in 2021 and beyond to keep you at the forefront of dentistry.
Over the past many years, Queensland Dental Group events have been opened by State Ministers and Members of Parliament on fourteen occasions and have seen delegates from across Australia, New Zealand and beyond enjoy exceptional CPD. In approaching the 50th event Milestone, Dental Update 2021, the Queensland Dental Group’s underlying philosophies remain strong, namely to seek leading experts from all disciplines to join us in fine surroundings and importantly without any sponsors. These philosophies make QDG events a unique experience within the Australasia region. We remain focused in offering our speakers a level playing field. Dental CE the way it’s meant to be.
Don't miss this unique opportunity!
Leading Experts │ Fine Surroundings │ No Bias │ CPD at its Best
AN EXCEPTIONAL EVENT AWAITSDENTAL UPDATE 2021
FRI & SAT 20-21 Aug
Dental Update 2021 sees six leading experts combine to present this outstanding event.
A diversity of topics will be covered across the two day event and provide practitioners essential updates on techniques, materials and patient management approaches. Restorative Dentistry, Oral Pathology, Oral Medicine, Dental Implants and updates on TMD and Pain management are snapshots of the diverse range of topics to be covered at the event.
Dental Update 2021 is a limited attendance event and will be held in the fine surroundings of the Brisbane Hilton Hotel. Reserve your spot in this essential update.
Session presented by: DR ANTHONY MAK
• Diagnosis & current consensus on treatment
• Indirect restorative options – Bonded Onlay or Full Coverage Crown?
• Zirconia vs Lithium Disilicate
• When should I bond and when should I cement
• What are the options with direct composites
Session presented by: DR ANTHONY MAK
• Diagnosis and conservative management
• When is restorative management indicated
• Restorative options using direct composites
• Restorative options using indirect ceramics
• Using digital dentistry to simplify the process
Session presented by: PROF RICHARD LOGAN
• Aetiology and presentation of common ulcerative lesions
• Links between systemic disease and oral ulcers
• Diagnosis of oral ulcers
• Limitations of diagnostic tests
• The short and longer term management of ulcerative lesions
Session presented by: PROF CHRIS PECK
• Classification scheme for orofacial pain and disorders
• The history and examination of the pain patient
• Risk factors for the transition from acute to chronic pain
• Immediate management of the pain patient
• The dental practitioner’s role in chronic pain management
Session presented by: DR BARBARA WOODHOUSE
• Malignant features vs benign
• When to incise, when to excise and how to close the defect
• How to take a truly representative biopsy
• Getting the most out of your pathologist
• An Oral Medicine quiz to complete the session
Session presented by: DR KEITH DOONAN
• How and Why Zirconia fails and where not to use it
• Factors affecting implant survival over the long term
• Conservative Implant and abutment screw removal techniques
• Prosthesis design to minimise occlusal forces
• Preventing open contacts around dental implants.
Session presented by: PROF IAN MEYERS OAM
• Getting the basics right, managing the diseases of the dentition
• Restoring form, function and aesthetics – using the right approach for the right patient
• Digital vs Digital – does computer assisted dentistry mean less fancy fingers dentistry?
• Therapeutic, Biomimetic and Bioactive materials – are we there yet?
• Restoration longevity – patient and practitioner expectations and how to meet them
Number of participants is limited!
Don't miss your seat at Dental Update 2021
Event VenueHilton Hotel │ Brisbane
The Brisbane Hilton Hotel190 Elizabeth St │ Brisbane
The Brisbane Hilton Hotel is a Five Star Hotel centrally located in the Brisbane CBD. Located in the heart of the city between vibrant Queen Street Mall and the central business district, the Hilton Hotel is walking distance to attractions including South Bank parklands and the Brisbane Cultural Centre. The Brisbane Hilton Hotel features 319 guest rooms and suites and is a 30 minute drive from the airport or a short walk from Central Station. Further information is available on the Brisbane Hilton Hotel website. Alternatively a variety of accommodation options are available within the CBD including various other hotels and apartments.
EVENT INFO & REGISTRATION BROCHURELimited Attendance Event │ Secure your spot for DU2021
TO REGISTER FOR DENTAL UPDATE 2021
1. DOWNLOAD FORM
2. RETURN COMPLETED FORM
VIA SCAN/EMAIL OR MAIL
3. OR CALL US ON 07 3832 5000 TO
REGISTER OVER THE PHONE